2 steaks (ribeye, sirloin, or your preferred cut)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 lemon, juiced and zestedSalt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the steaks in the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time to your desired level of doneness. Remove the steaks from the skillet and set them aside to rest.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are tender but still slightly crisp.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the broccoli and sprinkle the lemon zest on top. Stir to combine.
- Slice the rested steaks into thin strips and add them back to the skillet with the broccoli.
- Toss everything together for another minute or two, allowing the flavors to blend and the steak to heat through.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the Lemon Garlic Butter Steak and Broccoli Skillet hot and enjoy!
Feel free to adjust the seasonings and cooking time according to your taste preferences. You can also add other ingredients like red pepper flakes or Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.