1 pound roast beef, thinly sliced
12 slider buns
12 slices provolone cheese
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powderSalt and pepper to tasteButter for bunsAu jus for dipping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook until they become soft and caramelized, stirring occasionally. This process usually takes about 10-15 minutes. Remove the onions from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the sliced roast beef to the simmering broth mixture. Let it warm through for a few minutes, ensuring the beef absorbs some of the flavors from the broth. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- Slice the slider buns horizontally, creating a top and bottom half. Place the bottom half of the buns in a greased baking dish.
- Layer the roast beef evenly over the bottom half of the buns.
- Top the roast beef with the caramelized onions.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese on top of each slider.
- Place the top half of the buns over the cheese.
- Melt some butter and brush it over the tops of the sliders.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sliders are warmed through.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 5 minutes to allow the tops of the buns to become golden and slightly crispy.
- Once cooked, remove the sliders from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the French Dip Sliders warm with a side of au jus for dipping, if desired.