Chicken Alfredo Bake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (not table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon . black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes, chopped
- 4 cups raw fusilli
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (roasted or grilled)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets (thawed)
- 2 cups Parmesan Reggiano cheese (freshly grated, in sliced). )
- 2 cups mozzarella (freshly grated, sliced)
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large nonstick saucepan, place the butter over medium-low heat. beat until the butter melts. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Slowly pour in half of the chicken broth.Mix together the garlic powder, Italian seasonings, kosher salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Add the noodles and bring to the boil. (With some pasta, it looks like a lot of liquid, but don’t worry, the pasta will absorb a lot as it cooks.)
Reduce heat to simmer and cook until pasta is tender, about 12-15 minutes. Stir about every 5 minutes to keep the mixture from sticking and bubbling.
Turn off heat and add chicken, broccoli, and 1 cup Parmesan until well combined and coated.
Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup mozzarella.
Spread evenly over the remaining half of the dough.
Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup parmesan.
Cover with foil and cook until cheese is melted and fluffy, 10-15 minutes.
Remove foil and bake 5 minutes until golden brown (take care not to burn).
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!