Fun Facts About Boston:
- BOSTON IS NAMED AFTER A TOWN IN ENGLAND.
Many of the city’s first settlers came from Boston, England and simply kept the name.
- REVERE BEACH WAS THE COUNTRY’S FIRST PUBLIC BEACH.
This lovely stretch of sand was established in 1896.
- BOSTON BUILT AMERICA’S FIRST SUBWAY IN 1897.
The Tremont Street Subway is also the third in the world to use electric traction.
- THE OLDEST PUBLIC PARK IN THE USA IS IN BOSTON.
Boston Common was established in 1634 and is still a popular place for folks to gather.
- THE FIG NEWTOWN WAS NAMED AFTER A BOSTON SUBURB.
The city of Newton, Massachusetts was the inspiration for the name of this popular cookie.
- THE FIRST DUNKIN’ DONUTS WAS LOCATED NEAR BOSTON.
The iconic donut shop could be found in Quincy, Massachusetts, about 11 miles from Boston.
- THE VERY FIRST CHOCOLATE FACTORY IN THE USA WAS IN BOSTON.
The year was 1765 when Walter Baker opened his chocolate factory in Dorchester.
1 box yellow cake mix (plus box ingredients)
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups milk
1 container chocolate frosting
Prepare cake in 13 x 9″ pan according to box directions. Use spoon handle to poke holes evenly across cake. Combine milk and pudding mix and whisk until well blended. Pour pudding over cake making sure it gets down into holes. Refrigerate cake for several hours to allow pudding to settle and set up. Open frosting container and remove foil seal. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat this until frosting is pourable. Pour over pudding layer and spread with spatula to cover completely. Refrigerate for at least several more hours.