– Lemon Cheesecake is made with a buttery crunchy graham crust, creamy cheesecake, sour lemon curd and toasted meringue! The flavors are so amazing and it is seriously my new favorite cheesecake!
– Lemon cheesecake with lemon! Graham biscuit crust, creamy cheesecake, lemon tart and toasted meringue! Top view of lemonade cheesecake
– I was so excited to share this cheesecake with you. Everything about him is amazing, if I say so myself. Of all the lemon desserts on the blog, this one might be my favorite. It’s in stiff competition with Lemon Mascarpone Layer Cake. And of all the cheesecakes, this one is near the top.
– Since this is based on Lemon Meringue Pie, I went with a graham cracker crust to start. I often adore using vanilla chips, but the graham biscuit in this one is definitely the way to go.
– The cheesecake filling has a slight lemon flavor than lemon peel flavor, but is mainly vanilla flavor. It’s super soft and creamy, just like I love it. It also gets a lot of great flavor from a full cup of the sour cream used in it. very good!
– Once the crust and filling are made, the cheesecake is baked. I always use a water bath, although the additional two steps can be painful. It really gives you a creamy cheesecake that doesn’t crack, don’t brown around the edges, and don’t sink in the middle when it cools. Totally worth it!
– Once the cheesecake is baked and cooled, you’ll want to make curd on top. You can cool the cheesecake completely before adding it or adding it before placing the cheesecake in the refrigerator. However, I suggest making curd before adding it to the cheesecake, rather than having it topped with. This curd is similar to filling a pie because it is soft and thick when cooled. It will spread to a nicer layer if it is added to the cheesecake immediately after making it.
– However, the lemon curd will thicken quickly, so once you place it on the stove, add it to the cheesecake right away and let it harden.
– Shortbread biscuit crumbs: 2 cups
– Cream cheese: 3 packages (soft)
– White sugar: 1 cup (granulated)
– Sour cream: 1 cup
– Lemon curd: 1 cup and a half
– Fresh lemon juice: 1/4 cup
– Butter: 1/4 cup (melted)
– Eggs: 4 eggs + 4 egg whites
– Lemon: 1 (grated)
– Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- First, make sure the oven temperature is set to 325.
- Then you will get a large mixing bowl and mix in the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter. Make sure to press the mixture into the bottom of the oiled spring pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese and sour cream in another bowl until creamy and smooth. After that, add one egg at a time, and after each addition beat well.
- You’ll want to add vanilla extract, lemon peel, and lemon juice and mix well. And please spread the mixture over the biscuit crust.
- Well, the baking time is 60 minutes. Once done, remove the pan and allow it to cool completely.
Note: Make sure the oven is set to 375 at this point.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft. Immediately add 2 tablespoons of white sugar and whisk again until it hardens.
- The next step is to spread the curd over the cheesecake, then add the scrambled eggs. Return to the oven until the meringue is golden brown, which takes about 12 minutes.
- All you need to do now is to cool the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.