Garlic butter steak bites are a mouthwatering dish that’s quick and easy to prepare. They’re perfect for a weeknight dinner or as an appetizer for a special occasion. Here’s a simple recipe for garlic butter steak bites:
- 1 pound (450 grams) sirloin steak, ribeye, or your preferred cut, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the Steak:
- Start by cutting the steak into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch cubes. Season the steak pieces generously with salt and black pepper.
- Sear the Steak:
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the steak pieces to the skillet. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan; you may need to cook the steak in batches. Allow the steak to sear without stirring for about 2-3 minutes, or until it develops a nice brown crust. Flip the pieces and sear the other side for another 2-3 minutes for medium-rare. Adjust the cooking time to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the seared steak pieces from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Make the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- In the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until it becomes fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown or burn.
- Combine the Steak and Garlic Butter:
- Return the seared steak pieces to the skillet with the garlic. Add the butter and dried thyme (if using).
- Stir everything together, ensuring the steak pieces are coated with the garlic butter sauce.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, allowing the steak to absorb the flavors of the garlic butter sauce. You can cook it longer if you prefer your steak more well-done.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish the steak bites with fresh chopped parsley (if desired).
- Serve immediately while hot, either as an appetizer with toothpicks or as a main dish with your choice of sides, such as mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a salad.
- These garlic butter steak bites are sure to be a hit with garlic and steak lovers alike. Enjoy your flavorful, tender, and buttery steak bites!