Heaven on Earth Cake is a delicious and indulgent dessert that combines layers of rich chocolate cake, creamy whipped cream, and sweet cherries. It’s a popular dessert that is often served for special occasions or enjoyed as a treat. Here’s a general recipe for Heaven on Earth Cake:
– 1 box of chocolate cake mix (plus the ingredients listed on the box, like eggs, oil, and water)
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
– Optional: chocolate shavings or grated chocolate for garnish
1. Preheat your oven according to the instructions on the cake mix box. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Prepare the chocolate cake batter according to the instructions on the box. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
3. Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for the recommended time or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool completely.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. This will be the whipped cream filling.
5. Once the cakes have cooled, place one layer of cake on a serving plate. Spread a layer of whipped cream on top of the cake layer. Then, spread about half of the cherry pie filling over the whipped cream.
6. Place the second cake layer on top and repeat the process, spreading whipped cream and the remaining cherry pie filling.
7. If desired, you can garnish the top of the cake with chocolate shavings or grated chocolate.
8. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and the cake to set.
9. Slice and serve the Heaven on Earth Cake, and enjoy!
Remember, this is just a general recipe, and you can modify it to suit your taste preferences. You can try using different cake flavors, adding additional toppings, or experimenting with different fillings. Enjoy your indulgent Heaven on Earth Cake!