If you like pumpkin pie you’ll love sweet potato pie. They’re very similar in taste but this recipe is made with fresh, baked sweet potatoes (instead of canned pumpkin) and it includes browned butter so you know it’s going to be good!
There are a few steps to the process of making it but it’s worth every step once you get to taste this luscious pie.
Sweet Potato Pie
That is a beautiful Sweet Potato Pie recipe! Made with a tender and flaky, buttery pie crust and a lightly spiced, perfectly sweetened, browned butter sweet potato pie filling.
- 3-4 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp.nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp.cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.allspice
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract ( optional )
- 1 cup evaporated milk more if needed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 lg.eggs
- 1 stick butter ( soften )
- 2 reg. pie shells or 1 deep dish.
- ***Pet Ritz pie shells are very good for baking this pie ***
- How to Make Sweet Potato Pie :
- **bake potatoes in advance or you can boil them if you’d like. I bake mine..Preheat oven to 350Place pie shells in oven bake until a very light brownMix All Ingredients***Use a whisk while mixing it helps to get the strands outPour into pans and bake for 50 mins. depending on your oven temp. Pies should be full and firm.