𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐏𝐈𝐄
Follow Family Recipes for more yummy written recipes
• 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 6 tablespoons butter melted
• 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese
• 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 3 cups strawberries hulled
1. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
2. Using mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar; continue mixing until smooth. In separate bowl whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and carefully spread in baked crust. Chill for 1-2 hours.
3. In small saucepan whisk together cornstarch, 1/4 cup sugar, strawberry gelatin, water and lemon juice. Cook over low heat whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Add strawberries to the pan and stir to coat. Layer glazed strawberries over the pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• Always cool the graham cracker crust before proceeding with the rest of the pie.
• Soften the cream cheese so it is easier to blend smooth.
• Keep the whipping cream in the chilliest part of the refrigerator. It is best to chill the bowl and beaters prior to whipping the cream.
• Plan ahead and allow for chilling time of the cream cheese layer prior to the placement of the strawberries.
• The first two layers of the dessert can be prepared up to two days in advance but the strawberry layer is best prepared the day of serving.