This recipe is better than ever. My Homemade Cherry Pie is perfectly crispy with a thick, almond-shaped cherry pie filling and golden pie crust.
The ingredients are exactly the same as they were when I originally posted the recipe in 2017, but splitting some of the cherries instead of just straining some of the juice on the stovetop and reducing them by half ensures that the filling of tart will settle perfectly.
As always, wait until the pie is completely cooled before slicing, which is another non-negotiable and saves stuffing the pie.
There are no store-bought pie fillings or pie crusts because today we make our cherry pie entirely from scratch.
Doing a homemade pie scares you? I promise this signature dessert is nothing to fear and that’s exactly why I’m sharing my recipe with you.
Of all the pie flavors, cherry pie is where most bakers rely on canned filling, but I’ll teach you how to get the most out of fresh cherries and a delicious crust.
**For 6 to 8 people
+For garnish :
°1 kg of ceresis
°140 grams of sugar
°25 grams of cornstarch
°2 tablespoons lemon juice
+Pour the sugar shortcrust pastry:
°400 grams of flour
°200 grams of pour du
°80 grams of sugar
°2 medium eggs
* Methds :
1. Wash, stem and pit the cherries.
2. Put in a casserole with the sugar. Add the cornstarch diluted in the lemon juice. Repeat Mix and leave for 20 min.
3. Cook the cherries for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. You should avoid anything. Once cooked, let cool.
4. Mix the flour, sugar and butter cut into small pieces with your fingertips, until slowir a sandy mixture. Add the two beaten eggs and form a ball of dough. Reserve it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. Take 2/3 of the dough and roll it out on a floured work surface. Line a high-sided pie pan. Prick with a fork.
6. Distribute the cherry filling.
7. Roll out the remaining dough and cut into strips. Arrange them on the filling to decorate the pie, alternating the strips. Must put a strap on the side, then another perpendicular and complete the others as you go, lifting the straps already laid.
8. Bake the cherry tart for 35 minutes in the pre-seasoned oven at 180°C.
Decorative molding La Cherie Pie:
Do not hesitate to brown the strips of dough with reduced egg yolk in a little water. I forgot to do this for my pie but that’s too bad!
Bay of Variants of the Cherie:
You can add 2 small peeled and diced apples. I also like to add banana slices in this cherry pie.
Are there any pivotal issues or processes?
I used 1 kg of fresh cherries here, which is about 800 g of pitted cherries. You can replace them with 800 g of cherries in a jar, cherries for example, or 800 g of frozen cherries (to be thawed).