Southern Hash Brown Casserole
1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes (2 lbs)
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c melted butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 sm onion (chopped)
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, 10.75 oz.
1 c sour cream
2 c crushed Corn Flakes
1/4 c melted butter
1. As mentioned above, thaw hash browns (or use refrigerator style hash browns).
2. In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt, onion, soup, and sour cream. Stir until evenly mixed.
3. Spray a 9 x 11 or 9 x 13-inch pan or casserole dish with Pam or lightly grease the dish. This helps with clean up.
4. Pour mixture from the bowl into the pan and spread evenly with a spoon. Do not pack down tightly.
5. In a small bowl, mix together Corn Flakes and 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix together and spread on top of casserole.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes without a lid. The top should be lightly browned when done.