This recipe is super inexpensive and really easy to make (though the toffee requires a little patience to cook) and is a great treat for your kids and friends. This recipe yields 12 bars, so it is excellent for when you want to have friends over and share some delight with them… Or, you may just go greedy and finish it all on your own. Trust me, no one would blame you!
Requires just a few ingredients:
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare
- Step 1: Place butter and peanut butter chips in a large saucepan and melt them over medium heat until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Step 2: Add condensed milk, vanilla extract, and marshmallows to the melted butter-peanut butter mix. Stir until the mix is smooth and fully incorporated.
- Step 3: Grease a 9×13-inch rectangular baking dish with butter or non-stick spray. Spread half of the peanuts across the baking dish.
- Step 4: Pour the mix from step 2 evenly over the peanuts, and then sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top.
- Step 5: Refrigerate or let sit at room temperature until it sets. Cut candy into serving bars and enjoy.
- Ensure the baking chips you get are those that are similar to chocolate chips.
- It’s better to refrigerate the bars, as they will hold up longer.