1 & 1/2 cups flour ( all purpose or cake )
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla then mix in one egg at a time. Then add buttermilk and gently mix.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix gently. DO NOT OVER MIX .
- Pour the batter ( mixture) in a prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius for 35 minutes or until well baked.
Note ❗️: *If you are using salted butter, don’t add salt.