- 1 cup white long or medium-grain rice cooked and cold
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves freshly minced
- ½ cup carrots and green beans finely diced
- 1 tablespoon light/regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian red chili sauce
- salt as needed
- white/black pepper as needed freshly crushed
- 2 stalks green onions thinly sliced
Prepare all ingredients in advance, so you don’t have to rush while cooking, as this dish comes together very quickly. Loosen the rice clumps, if any, and set them aside. It helps in even stir-frying.
Lightly beat the eggs, adding a pinch of salt until the egg yolks are well combined. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a heated pan/wok and swirl it around to coat the sides.
Pour the egg mixture and wait until the egg slightly sets at the bottom. Scramble until it turns into small pieces. Transfer to a plate. Heat the pan/wok over high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, followed by onion and garlic. Stir continuously for 30 seconds.
Add diced veggies and stir for about 1 minute. The vegetables need to be cooked but are still crunchy. So keep stirring. Make sure nothing burns. Then add rice. The rice needs to be fried well, so keep stirring and tossing. It will take around 1 minute.
Add scrambled egg, soy sauce, red chili sauce, crushed pepper, and salt. Stir until all the flavors combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Now add green onions and turn off the flame. Give everything a good mix and serve immediately.