For the dough
° 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan
° 2/3 cup almond flour or ground walnuts (whichever you prefer)
° 1 cup (4 oz) graham cracker crumbs
° 1/4 c sugar
° 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
° 2 large egg yolks
° 1 can (14 ounces) sweet condensed milk
° 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 medium limes)
° 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brushing an 8-inch square baking dish with butter. (This step is important because it will allow you to easily remove the parchment paper later.) Line the bottom with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides.
To make the crust:
– Whisk the almond flour/ground walnuts with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and zest.
– Mix the butter. Press mix into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepare pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 12 minutes. Cold crust, 30 minutes.
To make the filling:
– In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and condensed milk. Adding lime juice & lemon juice; whisk to smooth. Spoon filling into cooled crust; neatly spread to the edges.
– Bake to set, about 15 min. Cool in pan on wire rack; then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
– Using parchment paper, remove from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares, wiping the knife with a damp kitchen towel between each cut.